We all want to be happier and we are always in search of ways to make us and our loved ones to be more optimistic and happier. Besides spending time with your family, going out with friends, having a stroll in the park, reading a book, listening to music or doing other small things that can boost your morale, there is another way to attract happiness in your life. Yes, it is somehow linked to meditation, but at the same time, it is not. Without further ado, have you heard of Reiki? If not, then you for sure need to continue reading this article.
First things first – what is Reiki and how does it work?
The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words – Rei, which means “God’s Wisdom” and Ki, which means “life force energy”. Reiki is spelled as “Ray-Key” and it works on mental, spiritual, physical and last but not least, emotional levels, meaning that Reiki offers spiritual guidance. The life force energy that flows through us is responsive to feelings and thoughts, so it can be disturbed whenever we have negative thoughts about ourselves. Life force energy flows within chakras, which are the seven centers of spiritual power in the human body, and Reiki practitioners use the hands in order for you to experience a feeling of well-being and deep relaxation. Also, Reiki reduces pain, increases energy and after a treatment, you will feel clear-minded, calm, energetic, relaxed and joyful.
How often do I need to get a Reiki treatment? Is it dangerous?
There is not a specific number of recommended treatments because you can get a Reiki treatment as often as you want to. In order to determine whether you need another Reiki session or not, you need to listen to your body. For instance, if you experience bad days and chronic stress or if you feel depressed, then it is more than recommended to have another Reiki session. By having Reiki treatments whenever you are in need, you will help to bring back happiness, calmness, harmony, and relaxation in your life.
The benefits of Reiki you should know about
- Reiki treatments promote peace, balance, and harmony, so you will face life’s challenges with calmness;
- Reiki helps you to make more positive personal choices, thus it can help you to cut off your alcohol and tobacco consumption;
- If you have had a surgery, try at least one Reiki session for it will work wonders. It aids pain relief and it diminishes side effects of prescription drugs;
- Reiki can teach you how to balance your mind, body, and soul;
- Reiki improves the quality of your life and helps you get rid of colds, flu, headaches, stomach aches, and chronic fatigue;
- If you experience insomnia, then Reiki is the answer for it helps to have a better and deeper sleep;
- Reiki also helps to reduce the levels of IgA (immunoglobulin A) and blood pressure;
- Finally, Reiki treatments have a great impact on your life for you will start to attract positive people and situations into your life.